Our company is registered and based in the US and so your data will be processed, transferred or stored outside the EU to countries, including the US, which do not have the same data protection as the EU. However, wherever we transfer, process or store your personal data, we will take reasonable steps to protect it.
We comply with GDPR when transferring personal data of EU residents and you can find out more here.
EU Residents – transfers
Since some countries do not have the same level of data protection the law restricts the transfer of your personal data so that this can only take place if
- Certain conditions are met. These include, for example
- There is a list of countries (approved by the European Commission) which provide an adequate level of data protection
- There is an obligation on us to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place, such as; binding corporate rule; compliance with an approved code of conduct, using contractual data protection clauses approved and/or adopted by the European Commission; certification under an approved mechanism. An example would be the EU-US Privacy Shield where organizations self-certify that they meet the Shield standards – see EU residents transfers
- There is a derogation or exemption, including your informed, compliant and valid consent or contractual performance obligation (including pre-contractual steps) which we would usually rely on and which allows us to do this
- It’s a one-off transfer which meets the relevant criteria.
EU Residents and Swiss individuals – transfers to US - Privacy Shield
Privacy Shield Enforcement & Disputes
We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles, including when dealing with disputes and complaints and you can find out more here
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Convert Insights Inc. commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to the Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Convert Insights Inc. at:
Convert Insights Inc.
Department: Privacy Shield Principles
340 South Lemon Avenue #9512
Walnut, California 91789, USA
We have also committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. The services of BBB are provided at no cost to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through these channels, you can complain to your home data protection authority and as a last resort, can invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm