Integration of Google Tag Manager (GTM) with Convert Experiences will help you to import Convert data into the GTM data layer.
The Data Layer is one of the key concepts in the world of GTM. It ensures maximum flexibility, portability, and ease of implementation. A data layer is like a spreadsheet of information you want to capture about the pages and activities that your users are viewing and performing. You collect all of the information in a data layer and send it along to other tools like Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager.
For each experiment, the integration uses 3 keys of the Convert object (event, experiment_id, variation_name) to pass along the experiment id and variation name that the visitor is currently bucketed into (if any).
Instructions for the integration:
- push convert data to gtm data layer
- use gtm data layer to send convert data to ga
- create the custom dimension in ga
- create the experiment id data layer variable in gtm
- create a dimension index lookup table in gtm
- create the variation name data layer variable in gtm
- create a new gtm tag
- disable integration on convert settings
- create a custom report in ga
- All your test data available in your analytics tool for advanced analytics
- Tracking Code
- Integrating Custom Variables