Software for A/B Testing
We have made it easy for you to find the best software for A/B testing. Here is an overview of:
- Open source A/B testing tools
- Paid and hosted A/B testing tools
- Mobile A/B testing tools
The Four Most Active A/B Testing Tools (Open Source)
If you are looking for A/B testing tools open source, wrote an article on them last month. Although our A/B testing tool is paid we are committed to sharing A/B testing knowledge to improve the information available. The four most popular products in open source A/B testing tools are:
The Four Most Active Paid (and Hosted) A/B Testing Software
The four most popular tools below can also be found in our short A/B testing software comparison:
- Convert Experiences (our A/B testing software, try free here) pricing $399 – $1,349 USD per month
- Visual Website Optimizer (Compare Visual Website Optimizer) pricing $500 – $2,000 USD per month
- Optimizely (Compare Optimizely Gold / Optimizely Silver) priced at $2,000 – $5,000 USD per month
- Adobe Target $8,000 – $10,000 USD per month with additional certification and training
All A/B testing software is ranked on their price per 200,000 – 1 million tested visitors/daily (updated: September 2015).
If you are looking for a free but hosted solution, consider Google Content Experiments (free within Google Analytics)
Top 4 Mobile A/B Testing Apps
In this article we compared 14 Mobile Apps A/B testing tools. Our top four (in no particular order) would be:
- Apptimize (Free – Paid) – Apptimize is available on iOS and Android and one of the more popular A/B testing tools for mobile apps.
- Vessel (Paid) – Vessel is available on iOS, Android, Windows, HTML5, Phonegap, and Titanium.
- Splitforce (Free – Paid) Splitforce is available on the iOS, Android, and Unity platforms and was recently acquired by Localytics.
- Leanplum (Free – Paid) – Leanplum is one of the most diverse A/B testing tools for mobile apps and available on every platform. Leanplum is available on iOS, Android, Unity, HTML5, and even has a REST API.